Marco Lantelme. Italian avvocato admitted to the Court of Cassation and an English qualified solicitor registered on the Roll. Partner of BSVA Studio Legale Associato, heads the banking & finance department of the Firm. His practice focuses mainly on banking, finance, restructuring, financial regulations, capital markets, securities, structured finance and securitisation, corporate law, M&A, corporate governance, insurance law, bankruptcy and litigation.
He has handled transactions for an aggregate value in excess of €75 billion, often drafting all related documents. He has been working in these areas of practice for over twenty-five years. He assists and has assisted leading Italian and international banking groups, industrial companies and groups in tans of financial, banking, corporate and restructuring deals.
He assists clients in managing relations with regulatory authorities, such as, the Bank of Italy, Consob (the Italian securities and exchange commission), IVASS (the Italian insurance supervisory authority), the Italian Stock Exchange-Borsa Italiana, the Italian Ministry of the Economy and Finance, the Italian Minister of Economic Development and the ECB.
He is reported as an expert in banking and finance law by Legalcommunity and several other publications. He is the Italian correspondent for an international law journal in banking and finance. He assists leading law firms. He is also been a contributor to national and international legal publications and a speaker at conferences and seminars in Italy and abroad. He is a member of the board of directors for an insurance company, part of a leading international listed group. Part of AmCham Insurance committee for Italy.
Partner of a law firm continuously since 2004. He has been a partner in a historic Italian law firm for eight years and he has worked for more than fifteen years – five of these as a partner- in three of the top five UK international law firms, working both in Milan and in the City of London.
He has a perfect command of English.
Events and Publications
- American Chamber of Commerce in Italy – AmCham – Estratto dallo Yearbook 2018, Gruppo di lavoro Insurance
- Intervista all’Avvocato Marco Lantelme sul Patto Marciano su Il Sole 24 Ore – Plus24 del 7.4.2018
- Intervista all’Avvocato Marco Lantelme sulla normativa sulle crisi aziendali in Articolo su Milano Finanza del 17.3.2018
- Articolo, ‘PIR: Individual Saving Plans’, (2017) 32 J.I.B.L.R. – Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation, Issue 8, Thomson Reuters and Contributors, p.372.
- “Initial Public Offerings 2018 | Italy” – GLI Global Legal Insights
- “Quotarsi in Borsa per una società è necessario?“, MeliusForm Business School, Video LinkedIn
- “IPOs and take over bids – purchase of listed companies”, Milan, March 2018, seminar
- “Integrating Pensions”, Rome, March 2017
- “PIR: Individual Saving Plans” (2017) London, J.I.B.L.R., Issue 8.
- “IPO and OPA”, Milan, MELIUS form, July 2016, seminar
- Speaker at a conference organsied by Synergia on New Governance Rules and Intervention Powers of the Banking Authority (D. Lgs. 72/2015)’, Milan, October 2015
- Speaker at a conference organised by ANIA (Italian issuers representative) and AmCham on “costs and benefits for the regulation of the Italian insurance sector”, Rome, ANIA, July 2014
- “The Italian Self-Regulatory Code for Listed Companies” (2013) London, J.I.B.L.R., Issue 1.